Elder Echols

Elder Echols

Sunday, August 21, 2016

MTC Day 4



August 20, 2016

Dobar Dan!

Hope you all are doing well. Life at the MTC is starting to settle in now. From here out until OCT 18 or so, I'll be emailing on Saturdays.

In our zone there are Czech, Slovak, Slovene, we the Croatians, Polish (though there aren't any at the moment), Macedonian, Bulgarian, and I think that's it. In my district, there are the 2 Slovene speakers and we the 10 Croatian speakers. 2 Sister missionaries of us 12, 1 of which is Slovene. One of the elders here, Starjesina Froc, is from Canada. He loves making jokes about it, and going into a crazy Canadian accent. Cool dude.

Yesterday for exercise time, we played Australian Handball. The Czechs that have been here for 6 weeks totally murdered the new people like me, but it was still fun. Pretty interesting game.

Last night for class we taught our first lesson with an investigator (istrazivac = "ee-stra-zhee-vach"), Almir. He was super chill, and I understood a notable amount from what he was saying, but not a whole lot. I think we got our message across.

Learning Croatian is still super fun, but it definitely takes a lot of work. With all the vocab and stuff. We've just been walking around yelling Croatian at each other all day to practice, basically. Super fun. Tako da.
Sorry I don't have photos right now. I need an SD/USB converter. I'll buy one from the MTC store in just a bit so I can send photos next week.

I love you all! This place is great. You should read the story of Ammon and King Lamoni. Alma 17 and 18, basically. Ammon is a great missionary.

Dovidenja! See you next week.
--
Elder Ryan Echols
OCT18 ADRTCN
2005 N 900 E Unit 232
Provo UT 84602

No comments:

Post a Comment