Elder Echols

Elder Echols

Friday, August 19, 2016

First Letter from the MTC! (Day 2)


August 18, 2016

Hey everybody! 

First email. Woot woot! So, I only have a little bit for email, but I'll try to get it. When you first arrive at the MTC here, you get unloaded from the car and then quickly sent through a huge long line through multiple buildings where they give you your name tags and books and everything. Didn't take very long; Moving quickly. It's a very well-oiled machine. After you get all your stuffed picked up, you drop it all off at your room and head right to language class, and as legend says, the teacher doesn't speak any English with you (though she clearly understands, English, since she can answer our questions using a response in Croatian). So, right now I'm learning Croatian, and Serbian will come later.

My companion is Starjesina (star-YAY-she-na) Leach from Spanish Fork Utah (On je iz Jute!) and he's super cool. Zovem se Starjesina Echols. I really like learning Croatian. And, this place, the MTC, is so cool. Everyone here that I've met sincerely knows for themselves that this is what the Lord wants for them, and this Gospel that we're preparing to teach is true, and brings joy into people's lives. I love it.
Gotta go now! You guys are awesome
Dovidenja!

I'll email again on Saturday
--
Elder Ryan Echols
OCT18 ADRTCN
2005 N 900 E Unit 232
Provo UT 84602


No comments:

Post a Comment